Following is a selection of recent research relevant to women with PCOS.
- Evidence-based guideline for the assessment and management of polycystic ovary syndrome. Jean Hailes Foundation for Women’s Health on behalf of the PCOS Australian Alliance; Melbourne, 2011. – https://managingpcos.org.au/pcos-evidence-based-guidelines#sthash.DM3c44iD.dpuf
- Teede, H., A. Deeks, et al. (2010). “Polycystic ovary syndrome: a complex condition with psychological, reproductive and metabolic manifestations that impacts on health across the lifespan.” BMC Med. 8:41. Full text available https://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2909929/
- Toulis, K. A., D. G. Goulis, et al. (2011). “Meta-analysis of cardiovascular disease risk markers in women with polycystic ovary syndrome.” Hum Reprod Update. 17(6): 741-760. https://humupd.oxfordjournals.org/content/17/6/741.long
- Moran, L. J., M. L. Misso, et al. (2010). “Impaired glucose tolerance, type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome in polycystic ovary syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis.” Hum Reprod Update 2010: 16. https://humupd.oxfordjournals.org/content/16/4/347.long
- The Amsterdam ESHRE/ASRM-Sponsored 3rd PCOS Consensus Workshop Group (2012). “Consensus on women’s health aspects of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).” Hum Reprod. 27(1): 14-24. https://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/27/1/14.long
Bozdag, G. and B. O. Yildiz (2013). “Interventions for the metabolic dysfunction in polycystic ovary syndrome.” Steroids. 78(8): 777-781.
- Moran, L. J., H. Ko, et al. (2013). “Dietary composition in the treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome: a systematic review to inform evidence-based guidelines.” J Acad Nutr Diet. 113(4): 520-545.
Lim, S. S., R. J. Norman, et al. (2013). “The effect of obesity on polycystic ovary syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis.” Obes Rev. 14(2): 95-109.
- Panidis, D., K. Tziomalos, et al. (2013). “Lifestyle intervention and anti-obesity therapies in the polycystic ovary syndrome: impact on metabolism and fertility.” Endocrine 27: 27.
- Moran, L. J., S. K. Hutchison, et al. (2011). “Lifestyle changes in women with polycystic ovary syndrome.” Cochrane Database Syst Rev.(7): CD007506. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD007506.pub3/abstract.
- Moran, L. J., C. B. Lombard, et al. (2010). “Polycystic ovary syndrome and weight management.” Womens Health (Lond Engl). 6(2): 271-283.
- Teede, H. J., A. E. Joham, et al. (2013). “Longitudinal weight gain in women identified With polycystic ovary syndrome: Results of an observational study in young women.” Obesity 2(10): 20213.
- Harrison, C. L., C. B. Lombard, et al. (2010). “Exercise therapy in polycystic ovary syndrome: a systematic review.” Hum Reprod Update 2010: 10. https://humupd.oxfordjournals.org/content/17/2/171.long
- Jones, G. L., J. M. Hall, et al. (2008). “Health-related quality of life measurement in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a systematic review.” Hum Reprod Update. 14(1): 15-25. https://humupd.oxfordjournals.org/content/14/1/15.long