The Bump to Baby Diet
The Bump to Baby Diet provides practical advice for mums-to-be on how eating a low-GI diet can help you enjoy a healthy pregnancy, avoid gestational diabetes and give your baby the best start in life.
The authors provide advice on how to optimise your diet – pre-conception, during pregnancy and once your baby has been born to ensure a healthy baby and a healthy mum.
Studies have shown that being overweight when pregnant can increase your risk of gestational diabetes and can also lead to health problems for your child, including childhood obesity and type 2 diabetes. This is particularly important for women with PCOS who are at higher risk of developing gestational diabetes.
The book includes information on:
- why eating a healthy low-GI diet before you conceive is important
- what to be aware of once you’re eating for two including key nutrients for pregnancy and food safety
- dealing with common pregnancy problems such as morning sickness and constipation
- how to ensure your weight gain is healthy
- the importance of blood sugars in pregnancy and why gestational diabetes is a big deal
- breastfeeding and introducing solids
- low GI eating guidelines for pregnancy, including sample menu plans
- exercise tips for pregnancy
- 50 quick and easy pregnancy-friendly recipes
Authors: Professor Jennie Brand-Miller, Dr Kate Marsh, Professor Robert Moses
Publisher: Hachette Australia
Published: April 2012